Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Aftermath

Here are some links & Pictures of the area to give you an idea of what a Category 2 can do. (I-45 runs N&S to the west of our house by about 10 miles. Kemah-one of the click2houston slide shows is 5 miles from our home to the East.)



http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/17468639/detail.html

Although we'll have to deal with much devastation in the area, our home was minimally hit. Several shingles need to be fixed on our roof, and our fence is down and will need to be replaced/repaired. We have no water damage and we have power. There is a curfew in the area as well, so we are only able to be out (not that we are trying to be out) from dawn until dusk. We are under a Boil Alert for our water, but we have several cases of drinking water. All in all, we were truly blessed. Other people in our area and even our ward were not nearly as lucky. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. The phones are still very busy and we are rarely able to call out. We have been able to receive phone calls, but if we miss you and you don't hear from us, just know that we are safe and well. We love you & will try to keep you updated as best as we can.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so glad that your family is ok. We will keep you in our prayers.

Wendy said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing ok and didn't sustain too much damage. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I kept checking your blog to see how or if you were hit. I'm glad you all rode the storm well. Ike was big enough in size that I think damage would have happened at almost any stage he was in. I can't imagine a storm that big. Thank you for letting us know.

Kimm said...

Glad you are safe..I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Breanna said...

It's crazy to recognize the scenery after having been there to visit. I am so thankful you are doing well and can't imagine being there through all of this. We love you.

Nicole said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing okay. Todd talked to Matt when you were on the way to San Antonio and that put our minds at ease for a little while. Keep us informed and we will keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

We are so happy that you are safe!

The Wi Family said...

So glad to hear you guys are okay. What a scary time---makes me realize that I need to get going with my food storage and emergency prep! I hope that things are back to normal quickly and that no other storms come your way. Take Care.

KatieC said...

We are glad you fared so well! We were worried about you, and we were glad that you decided to leave town.

Has it sunk in for the kids at all? Or is it just another vacation?