Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Miss You, Grandma

My Grandma of 92 yrs, passed away this last week and it got me to thinking that life is just too crazy short. She was quite the remarkable lady and I hope to be like her - she was extremely generous, quit-witted, and her ability to love was wonderful. As I went to her funeral, I was surrounded by family and friends that I hadn't seen for years and years. It was great to catch up with everyone and I just couldn't shake the feeling that Grandma was so happy to see us all together and having a good time.
I love you more, Grandma.

6 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

I'm so sorry Amber. She sounds like a very kind person. I'm sure she is proud of the person that you are... I think it runs in the family!

Lyndsey said...

i am sorry it is sad to loose grandmas...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Amber. I bet it is great to have your family with you.

KatieC said...

I'm sorry, Amber. It is never easy to lose someone. I suppose it is just the realization that you can't enjoy them in this life anymore. I'm glad that you had some happy experiences mixed in with the big goodbye. Family really is wonderful.

Rachel said...

Amber,
Sorry to hear of your loss. Breanna told us that she was pretty sick when we were visiting. The nice thing about funerals is that you do get to see lots of family that you haven't seen for a while. You will be in my prayers.

Danielle said...

That was sweet...she was a great woman and will be missed greatly!

Hugs
Dani