Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Going Green

I'll admit. I'm a jealous person. I always have been, and I probably always will be. Granted, I've mellowed a bit over the years. But every once in a while, the Green Monster crammed deep inside my subconscious will rear her ugly head. Right now I'm struggling with one jealousy-hued item in my life. I won't go into the nasty details, but suffice it to say, I'm wishing I was better at this human-existence-thing. The funny thing is, whenever I'm truly jealous, its always over things with meaning, like time spent, laughter shared, or the lady in the grocery store who's children sit quietly in the shopping cart while she leisurely strolls through the veggie section (ok, this isn't quite a jealousy item, more a wishful thinking item, but I digress), etc. Not so much the 90" screen TV or Hummer in the driveway... Although I've been known to silently curse skinny people that eat loads of chocolate and pasta and don't gain a pound. :)

So, my question, is how do you get over yourself? How do you get past those loaded with green moments? Or, are you one of those people that don't have those moments, because yes, I'm jealous of you too...

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I get those "green" moments and the subject manner usually deals with children. Whenever I get those "green" moments I try to remember that the Lord has a plan for me and His plan will always be what's best for me. So if I do His will His plan will make me to most happy.

But know that you're not alone and everybody has their own "green" moments.

Unknown said...

Haha, that last sentence slays me. My house is louder, and more chaotic in ever sense of the word than your is. We would come over to your place and the volume would go up in your house? Also Jeremy has developed this high pitched scream that just grates on the ear. I can't imagine anyone being jealous of our chaos. Do I get jealous of well behaved kids? Not really, my kids have their moments and what really bugs me, they know not to do. I do wonder when I see other mothers who look great and look like they aren't even pregnant from behind when they are like 9 months pregnant.....those people get to me a little. Why can't genetics help me at all?

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

I totally love your blog!! I think everyone has those moments and you just keep your mouth shut! If anyone says they haven't such a liar!! Who cares anyway. Your freaking awesome! Love ya

Breanna said...

You get over yourself by knowing you are loved no matter what. We all have our jealous moments. And remember even when perhaps I am part of the cause (just a stab in the dark) ;) know that it is not intentionally given, and that I love you tons!

Hilllary Howland said...

I really wish that you would stop blogging about how jealous you are of me, my well behaved child and smoking hott body!! Seriously!

Ha no but really everybody has "green" moments. Green seems to be my favorite color. Everybody always looks better, their house is always cleaner, they are always on time.Oh and of course always thinner!!! If you find a solution holla back at your girl. Green really doesn't suit my complexion!

~~~~~~~~ this is me sending you lots of LOVE Amber!!

Jenny said...

Oooo...such a good question. I struggle with this a lot because I always end up comparing myself with other people. Why is it so easy to forget about all the good things about yourself and why is it so easy to think about all the good things other people are that you're not? I don't know. If you find a good solution, spread the word!

(and I'm SO with you about the chocolate and pasta thing)

Emm said...

My lam-o green envy.....

People with matching furniture (seriously I know). Some days I just want a headboard, a dresser I didn't drag out of a dumpster and I am totally envious of anyone who actually has a coffee table...in any condition.
So yes Amber,I envy you, one day I am going to walk into your house when you are in the shower and steal your matching living room set, including the gold wall decor :D
We all have it, its only human nature.

Janelle said...

Next time youre feeling green, go look in the mirror. Then, smile at yourself. Those other moms may have well behaved-store-shoppin' kids, but you'll always be prettier than them!! And that, my friend, is something you can not learn. ;)