Monday, October 6, 2008

Flummoxed

OK, you gym gurus out there: Listen up. ;)

I am a little confused, perplexed, irritated, embarrassed, concerned, *insert appropriate word* about something that happened at the gym today. While I was working out, I got extremely dizzy to the point that I almost passed out. Yes, it was a more-intense exercise, but I've pushed myself this hard before and haven't had any problems. Why do you think that I had a problem? Anyway, if you can help me figure out so I don't embarrass myself in the middle of my class again *cringe*, that would be great. Thanks!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

The gym, wow good for you. Anyways I have no idea what happened unless it deals with what you ate beofre you went. Anyways, Todd called you and left a message for me because I lost my voice this weekend. Let me know.

Unknown said...

I don't know. Sometimes I get a little light headed if I didn't eat or am low on the fluids. Usually most gyms have trainers and such there. You can always ask them.

Anonymous said...

I would say...
don't work out quite as hard next time and make sure you've eaten and had plenty of water before starting.

Breanna said...

How has your water intake been? I usually get like that when I am not well hydrated.

Jenny said...

did you eat breakfast? maybe your blood sugar was low or something. that happened to me once at a cardio-kickboxing thing, and i felt like i was going to throw up. after i rested, drank some water and ate something i felt a lot better.

Emm said...

Start chugging the water chica!

Although weight the consequences carefully, light headed vs full bladder. hmmm, both could make for an embarrassing morning :)

Kimm said...

You could have been dehydrated...Are you drinking your 64 ounces a day...it could depend on your food intake for the day...That has happened to me and usually I eat a little something or guzzle some water and I am fine.