Thursday, April 17, 2008

Childproofing

So why can't childproofing end with just the plastic doohickeys (keep up, it's a technical term) that are found in electrical outlets, underneath cabinets, around door handles, and over sharp corners?? I have recently discovered (yet again) that nothing, I repeat nothing, is immune from a child's devastating touch. I recently got new glasses as my left eye simply quit working and made my right eye do the entire job of seeing. (Lazy freeloader.) Seeing as I have no sense of style, I left it up to my sister to choose the new pair of glasses. I received many positive comments on them and repeatedly thanked my sister for her help in securing my eyewear popularity. Unfortunately, it did not last thanks to my children. Due to a large crack and several scratches/dents from only 2 months of wear, I had to trade in my darling pair for an "I just escaped from the 2nd grade" look. While they may not be as trendy or cute for that matter, as my first pair; I am hoping that they will be sturdy enough to withstand the six little hands that reside in my home. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I can't wait for a picture of the new duds. Speaking of which, do you have a webcam???? :)

Breanna said...

ya, what is this business of just posting a story with no picture of your new beasts.. I mean beauties! :) Hope your Rattatouie was delicious!

Lydia said...

No new post yet? It's been what - like maybe 24 hours?? But here's proof that I check everyday...

Amber said...

Lydia, you're the best! I'm laughing right now. :)

Amber said...

PS - the Ratatouille was awesome! Much like a tin foil dinner without the meat. Maybe next time I'll make it with a side of steak. mmmmmmm!

Lydia said...

Hmmm....

Still no new post...

:)