Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Little Things - That Feel Like Big Things

I love sleep. I don't think that there are many other things in this life that I love to do more than I love to sleep. Maybe the reason why I love it so much is because it is so illusive. You always want what you can't have, right!? Well, I don't remember the last time that I was able to sleep a full 8 hours. It is always one or another or all three of the kids getting up and needing/wanting something at all hours of the night. And then there are the nights when you get really lucky and they tag team you. Ahhh, joy.

Well, miracle of miracles, last night was the first time that I didn't wake during the night for what seems like years. Granted, Hubby was up with T once for about 2 minutes, but A slept through the whole night!!! Is this a start of something (please oh please!) or is it just a proverbial dangling carrot in front of the rabbit? Time will tell.

I wanted to celebrate & so here I am, sending this wonderful, warm, non-sleep-deprived message to you, with a hope that you will receive something beautiful as well.

5 comments:

Sameeksha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Your job as a mother is never done. Catch the zzzz's while you can. However I find it ironic that the night you get undisturbed sleep I, who always has undisturbed sleep, was awakened in the middle of the night to the chirping sound of our smoke alarm. I think the manufacturers of smoke alarms wire them so the batteries only die at night.

Nicole said...

Man I hate when other mom's tell me how good their kids are doing so I am sorry, but before AJ and I went to AZ he was sleeping for 12 hours every night. AZ screwed him up so I hope he will start sleeping well again soon. So I know how good you are feeling right now and I hope it lasts.

Janell said...

I can totally relate to this. To me, sleep is a HUGE thing! And you are right, all the more appealing because it is so elusive sometimes. Hope your baby keeps on with the sleeping through the night!

Anonymous said...

I love sleep and in my life, it's a HUGE thing! After all, when mama's grumpy, life is miserable.