Monday, April 21, 2008

My Drug of Choice

This is for my most avid reader. You know who you are! ;)

Today I woke up at 5:30 am, not unlike the last three days. But today, I sent my husband off on a quick business trip. Now, I have never been, and probably never will be good at being left alone. I guess the universe was trying to prove this fact when the toilet promptly overflowed with poopy nastiness. It took me a good 15 minutes of plunging to get it to stop. (I feel dirty.) Then, as if that wasn't enough to get me crawling back to bed, as I dropped my son off at school, my passenger side window rolled down and decided that it was tired of rolling back up. So now, my scheduled trip to the grocery store and the library have been postponed due to my anal-retentive nature/assumption that my van will get broken into and give me yet another reason to dislike this Monday from ... well, you know.

While there are many stronger women than I on this earth who would brace themselves and simply continue with the day, I assume the fetal position with my 52 oz of Diet Dr. Peppery goodness. So, as I drink my drug of choice, "cheers" to you and a better Tuesday.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I love it! Now, not only do I know I'm not frozen alone in time, but I now know my problem - my morning drug concoction didn't include DP. I'm off now to get some. Cheers!

Nicole said...

I know all about those "drugs of choice" as I sit here and drink my Cherry Coca-Cola while AJ takes a nap. I hope your day gets better!

KatieC said...

Ha ha ha! I think you are funny and you make me laugh. I love you. And I hope this Tuesday was better.