Thursday, January 17, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

So, I was looking back and remembering what I used to get excited about when I was a kid. Things like: My new bike, Barbie dolls were a big hit with me, a pretty dress or fun outfit was always a good thing, and when I got my ears pierced I thought that I had flown over the moon. OK, so I still get excited when I get a new outfit, but I thought it was funny that now I'm excited about a Washer and Dryer or something equally boring to any 6 yr old. I guess now that I'm an OLD woman, I'm entitled to be wierd. :) My point? Yesterday I got a new bedroom set and 2 bookshelves for the den & I can't stop looking at & touching them. Am I insane or do I just need to get out more? It's like Christmas all over again & I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

If you aren't normal, then neither am i!! You should post pictures!

merathon said...

i feel ya. i just got a SWEET fridge/freezer for my garage (i love that it's called the "freezerator") and a new dishwasher yesterday and i am just BEAMING! you are definitely normal!

Wendy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!! I remember using that phrase all the time and when I read that it brought me back to Campus Plaza days. I can just see you staring at the new furniture and touching it, but then so would I and I would make Jon rearrange it over and over till I found the perfect spot.

KatieC said...

Ha ha. I am that way about my new sewing machine. I don't have anything to sew or anything to sew with, but that doesn't negate the desire to set it up and make the needle bob up and down...